Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Giant Pillowcover or stuffed baby quilt

My cousin had her second baby in December. So it was high time for a new project! I made a baby quilt that can be stuffed with a giant pillow form (80 x 80 cm). 


 The pillowcover can make for a light blanket (unstuffed for warm weather) or a “baby duvet cover” (aka stuffed with a giant pillow) for cold days – while the baby is still small.


 When she gets older, she can still use it as a pillow cover. I chose colours and prints that are not too baby-ish, so she might still like it when she’s grown up. (BTW: fabrics are “Just my type” by Patty Young)


I quilted it with variegated yellow Aurifil thread in on of my favourite FMQ designs. I really like the combination of squares and dogwood quilting.


Here’s a close-up of the zipper, that I partly hid within the binding.
Ha, did you realize I chose to use SASHING for the first time in ages?! It must have been 3 years that I last opted for sashing (or so it seems…)
Now I just hope that my cousin and her little girl like that quilted blanket/pillow cover/duvet cover (o:

See you soon with more finished quilts!
Christine

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment. You make my day :o)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...